Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Indie Emporium is Coming!

Good afternoon, friends!  I mentioned in my recent terrarium tutorial post that I took on a new position at work earlier this year.  I really feel like I'm in my element now, and I've become married to my work so to speak.  That being said, I decided it was important to participate in at least one craft show this year despite this newly increased workload.  If you've ever witnessed my excitement about Indie Emporium in past years, you might have guessed that even if I reduce the amount of craft shows I take on to one a year, THIS will be the one!

So rather than neglecting my blog and focusing 100% of my passions into my day job, I'm shining some light onto the crafty side of life by giving a you a little tour of what I have in store for this year's Indie Emporium!  Let's start with the swag.  Every year, there are swag bags consisting of samples and small gifts given to the first 50 people in line at the opening of the show Friday night.  The line gets longer each year since many of the vendors contribute to these bags, making them a treasure trove of fun things to browse (it is not uncommon to see the lucky recipients hovering in corners tearing into theirs, unable to overcome the suspense of wondering what's inside).  I've included things like guitar pick keychains, glow-in-the-dark magnets, herbal tea, buttons, and charms in the past, and I try to add something fun and fresh each year.  This time around I put together little sticker packs, each containing three upbeat sentiments.


Last year, I almost completely sold out of the craft kits I brought.  So this year, I'll be equipped with a huge stock of dream catcher kits and these fun sewing kits, which contain all the supplies and instructions for making your own little wallet.  I'll have plenty of bright new color combinations, too!


I also premiered my Slightly Slouchy Beanies last year to a pretty warm welcome, which made me happy because I came up with a pattern and tampered with it ceaselessly until I found what I believe to be the perfect fit.  I replenished my stock of solid colors for the 2014 show, and I whipped up some fun gradient style hats as well.


This idea came from a hat I made for myself in shades of green.  The shifting colors make it an easy accessory to fit into my wardrobe (in the photo above, I was acting goofy and wearing my gradient green beanie with a black tee and bright green corduroy pants).  Mine was getting a lot of use, and receiving some compliments too, so I came up with a variety of color combos to bring to the show.


Up next on the agenda, I'll be sculpting up some new creatures and a fresh batch of glitter acorn necklaces.  If you're in the Tulsa area and you've ever attended this show, you know what a blast it is and I hope you'll come back.  And for those who are close by but have never attended, you have GOT to experience this event!

Photo courtesy of Mandy Gross
There will be all kinds of fun, crafty things to do while you browse this impressive roster of makers.  I hope to see you in a few weeks at Indie Emporium 2014!

2 comments:

Pili said...

YAY, so glad to hear that you're loving your job so much! But also glad that you are not stopping completely with your crafts!

I'm sure it'll be amazing!

Aik said...

Those ombre beanies are so lovely! How I wish I'm as talented as you are!